Well, it’s being a long time no post @ ifgogo. Life is hard and I was busy. I’ve being busy moving from west Beijing to east Beijing. However, I think it’s time to post something here though I’m really not that sure I know everything well (Not a single man dares to say that he knows everything about the Tibet, Torch Relay Attacking, Duke counter-protest issues all). As “Chinese in English” for this website, for this blog, it’s just been too silent recently. As everyone knows that we China are going to host the Olympic Games this year, so being a Chinese, especially being a Chinese in Beijing, it’s really a special year for me, for every Chinese. It’s proud to host the great movement, to make the world running for a same good goal (via):
the goal of the Olympic Movement is to contribute to building a peaceful and better world by educating youth through sport practiced without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.
But it seems that people are so often to be out of control (Yes, something really hurts, I know). Here are something I wanna say when I received tons of comments at my personal blog:
- Most people, Chinese, American, French, whatever.. the ordinary ones, are not interested in political details. They just want to lead a normal and happy life. So it’s really a bad idea to say that “all the French people are evil” etc.
- Due to some complicated reasons, we’ve met kinds of trouble. The Attacks to the Olympic Torch Relay in Paris really disobeyed the common goal of the majority. It’s not a good idea to mix sports and politics. If you are not a politician then you need to figure out enough truth before attacking the others or spamming everywhere on Internet. I have to admit that there are some Chinese people doing so in this post from my personal blog. I really feel sorry to see that all.
- To boycott the western media / western companies is NOT a shortcut(in Chinese) for the Chinese people to be richer, NOR a shortcut for the China being stronger. As I will say later, to make our motherland be stronger and our people more richer, we’ve got a lot of things to do.
- For good or bad, whatever… Tibet belongs to China. If you’ve never been there, never been talked to the people who lived there, how do you know what the people are thinking about? If possible, upload a video to Youtube. The more videos are uploaded, the clearer the truth is.
- To love our motherland is a good character, but it’s not just an action of updating our MSN signatures. It’s about loving your job, loving your family, loving the environment, and being working hard everyday, being helpful to others. That’s easier said than done. The environment issues are getting more and more serious, the global warming, the overpopulation, the extinct species…if we are not going to live together, we’ll then all die alone.
PS: I met a friend from German on MSN, just by accident. We chatted a lot and he asked me about my height. I told him that I am 179cm, then he said “that’s really tall, even taller than me(178)”. He told me that when he came to Shanghai, China, he found most Chinese people are shorter than guys from his country. So, what can I say? As a Chinese, what will you do? To tell(cheat) him that people in Shanghai is the shortest from China? To blame his discrimination and “f*ck” his family? Or to boycott this contact forever and even stopped talking to any German guys? Well, just stop looking for shortcuts to be taller/stronger, just stop deceiving yourself. All we need to do is to educate our next generation to be working hard, doing regular exercise, protecting the environment and paying enough attention to the health issues.
PS2: Some job must be done by the government and politicians. The government is responsible for things like handling issues with other countries, education, protecting the people, etc. Those jobs are really important, but being a normal people, you can not play a government official. If you wanna help, just join them first.
Please read this post carefully before posting a comment, thanks.